15 Of The Best Oregon Coast Family Vacation ideas
Are you looking for a family friendly vacation on the Oregon Coast?
Look no further, the Oregon Coast offers a plethora of family-friendly activities and experiences that are sure to create unforgettable memories for everyone. From whale watching in Depoe Bay to visiting the Oregon coast Aquarium in Newport, there’s something for everyone!
Here are 15 of our favorite family vacation ideas on the Oregon Coast:
1. Oregon Coast Aquarium
– Take a trip to the Oregon Coast Aquarium, home to more than 25,000 animals from all over the world. The aquarium offers educational programs and interactive exhibits that guarantee a fun day for the whole family.
2. Whale Watching
– Depoe Bay is one of the best places in Oregon to go whale watching. Spotting whales along the Oregon Coast is an incredible experience that everyone will love.
3. Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad
– The Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad is a great way to explore the beautiful Oregon coast. Enjoy the breathtaking views of the rugged coastline as you ride by on this vintage passenger train.
4. Cape Kiwanda Sand Dunes in Pacific City
– Spend the day beach-combing or building sand castles on the beautiful Cape Kiwanda Sand Dunes. Not only is this a great activity for the kids, but you can also explore the nearby sea caves and rock formations.
5. Seaside Oregon Downtown
– Visit the quaint seaside town of Seaside Oregon. Take a stroll along the boardwalk and grab some ice cream or visit one of the many shops and restaurants in downtown Seaside.
6. Fly a Kite on Seaside Beach
– Spend some time at the beach flying a kite! The wide open space and strong winds make Seaside Beach an ideal place to fly your favorite kite.
7. Rockaway Beach
– Explore the beautiful Rockaway Beach and take a dip in the Pacific Ocean. You can also take a leisurely stroll down the promenade or enjoy some delicious seafood at one of the many restaurants nearby.
8. Haystack Rock Tide Pools in Cannon Beach
– Take a short hike to Haystack Rock Tide Pools in Cannon Beach and explore the rock pools at low tide. This is a great activity for kids and adults alike and a must-see on your Oregon Coast family vacation.
9. The Hobbit Trail near Florence Oregon
– The Hobbit Trail near Florence Oregon is a fun and interactive experience for families. Take a leisurely stroll through the enchanted forest as your kids explore all the magical creatures and hidden treasures along the way.
10. Yaquina Head State Park
-Visit Yaquina Head State Park, home to some of Oregon’s most stunning views and wildlife. Explore the tide pools and cliffs or take a hike up Cove Beach Trail for amazing views of the Pacific Ocean. No matter what you decide to do on your Oregon Coast family vacation, you’re sure to have an unforgettable experience.
11. Sandboarding in Florence
– For a unique experience, try sandboarding in Florence! Rent a board and take on the rolling dunes. It’s a fun and thrilling way to explore Oregon’s coastal landscape. Oregon Coast Wineries – Last but not least, visit some of Oregon Coast wineries for some fantastic wine tasting. Spend an afternoon at the beach and a night sampling some of Oregon’s best wines. No matter what activities you choose, an Oregon Coast family vacation is sure to be a memorable experience.
12. Tillamook Cheese Factory
– If you’re looking for something a little more off the beaten path, take a trip to Tillamook Cheese Factory. Sample some of Oregon’s iconic cheese and learn about how it is made in the interactive exhibits. Taste test their ice cream and walk around the huge cheese plant with the whole family.
13. Ride the Rogue River Jet Boats in Gold Beach
– Experience the thrill of riding on a jet boat down the Rogue River in Gold Beach. The view of the gorgeous Oregon coastline makes for an unforgettable experience.
As you can see, there are tons of great activities and attractions for your Oregon Coast family vacation. Whether you’re looking for adventure or relaxation, there is something here for everyone.
14. Explore Bandon Beach
– For a relaxing day out, take a trip to Bandon Beach. The beautiful coastline makes for some stunning views and you can explore the area’s many tide pools and rock formations as well.
15. Newport Beach
– Head over to Newport Beach for some fun in the sun. Spend your day lazing on the beach or take a stroll along the historic bayfront. Afterward, grab some delicious seafood at one of Newport’s many restaurants.
No matter what you decide to do on your Oregon Coast family vacation, you’re sure to have an unforgettable experience. From sand dunes and jet boats to wineries and cheese factories, there is something for everyone. So grab your bags and get ready for a trip that the whole family will never forget!